Super Saturday with Dimple Somji
“You grow through what you go through”– these words define the journey of her life.
Dimple Somji started as an educationist which laid the firm roots she now stands on. But her heart was always in voluntary service. She has been serving the Aga Khan Development Network in various capacities to guide youth in achieving life skillsets. Recently, she represented India globally for promoting their Arts and Culture vertical. The belief that- you are blessed, you must be a blessing- led Dimple to start the Ngo- With Love, For You Charitable Foundation, committed to teaching upcoming generations that kindness is kool and a way of life.
Today Dimple Somji is the face of Pune for “She’s Mercedes”, a woman’s’ vertical under Mercedes. This is a global platform which celebrates accomplishments of women in all walks of life and pays tribute to women achievers.
She is a curriculum and content writer with various articles published in newspapers and magazines, a motivational trainer and has emceed various shows in the presence of Bollywood celebrities. She has walked the ramp and done designer fashion shoots for various brands including Sakal Couture Weekend, Ranka Jewellers, Satya Paul, Audi, Phoenix and more.
Dimple was recognised as Pune’s Most Stylish,2016 by Creme magazine and Fit Mom in 2017. She was awarded Radio One’s Youthstar 2017, Women Wonderful 2017 and Womum 2018. And this year, Dimple was felicitated as Times Power Woman by Times of India.
Dimple is an adventure junkie and yoga enthusiast- there is nothing that a headstand can’t take care of!
Her daughter Adaah is the heart of her universe and her husband makes her a better version of self. Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand up alone, she adds.
- Covered in Crème Magazine as Pune’s most stylish women 2016
- Walked the ramp for Mercedes-Benz TBZ Fashion Show for Pune’s Power Women,2016
- Motivational Youth Icon for Café @ Youth and Sports Board, AKDN, 2016
- Awarded YouthStar by Radio One 94.3 for outstanding work in the field of Social work, 2017
- Covered in Crème Magazine as a Fit Mom who trains with her young one, 2017
- Walked the ramp for Ficci Annual Night, 2017
- Walked the ramp for The Vintage Luxury Show, for a cause, 2017
- Fashion shoot for the Shivoguee Woman of Substance, 2017
- Fashion shoot for designer Arsheen Sabrewal, 2017
- Awarded Women Wonderful at CMSE in association with The World United and Sakal Times, 2017
- Awarded by WoMum Tv for outstanding achievements in the field of Social work, 2018
- Walked the ramp for Audi Glam Night for Pune, 2018
- Covered in newspapers- Times of India and Hindustan Times, Pune for all the above achievements.
- Published write-ups on events and travel with Hindustan Times.
- Face of Pune for She’s Mercedes-a global initiative
- Talent Round Jury for Mrs. India Empress of the Nation, 2018
- Fashion shoot for Satya Paul, 2018
- Walked the ramp for Satya Paul and Phoenix Marketcity, 2018
- Constructed a washroom for ITI, Aundh for underprivileged children studying Interiors- CSR for Ficci
- My show ‘Yoga Mantras with Dimple’ is being aired on Woman TV channel, November 2018
- Featured in ‘Limelight’ section of Ficci Newsletter, November 2018
- Moderator for the book launch “The Great Moto-Matic House” and on the panel to discuss importance of inculcating reading habits in children, December 2018
- Fashion shoot for Phoenix Marketcity, Feb 2019
- Walked the ramp for “Chosen” by Tejpal Ranka under Ficci Flo Pune, 2019
- Awarded Times Power Woman by Times of India, 2019
- Moderated the event and App launch by Shilpa Shetty under Ficci Flo Pune, 2019
- Walked the ramp for “Sakal Couture Weekend” (Ghanasingh Jewellers) by Sakaltimes at Amanora Town, 2019
- Panelist on “Wellness and You” held by Hyatt to celebrate Global Wellness Day, 2019
- Changemaker-Yoga Influencer; interview on World Yoga Day by Globuzz Studios, 2019
- Recognized as a Danzofit Mom, July 2019
- Walked the ramp and Awarded the Shes Mercedes Celebrity Mom Award by Trinity Motors and Champtown, July 2019
- Curated the segment and Hosted the Mercedes Celebrity Mom Award by Trinity Motors and Champtown, July 2019
- Hosted Ficci Flo Panel discussion on Our Environment, 2019
- Fashion shoot for designer Megha and Kalpesh, 2019
- Fashion shoot for designer Ulka, 2019
- Ombre Power Lady recognition, 2019
- Fashion shoot for designer Gaba by Gitanjali, Jaipur, 2019
- Fashion shoot for Phoenix Marketcity for Royal Diwali, 2019
- Hosted Feetathon- kids marathon, 2019
Profile of With Love, For You Charitable Foundation
With Love, is a non-governmental organisation run by a group of powerful women in Pune who are committed to teaching upcoming generations that kindness is cool, and to spread love and affection through humanitarian causes.
There comes a time in everyone’s life when you want to give back to society. You want to share and care for the underprivileged and make life worthy. While some just keep thinking of ways to do the above, there are some who take quick action and make things happen. One such is, With Love, For You Charitable Foundation. They have come together to give their time, passion and energy for altruistic and humanitarian causes, in any way they can.
The smallest act of love can take up the biggest space is someone’s heart. To see every random act of kindness leading to a massive difference in lives of those who matter, is influence enough to carry on working hard in spite of obstacles. If you fill the world with hope, you fill yourself with hope.
With Love is a non-government organisation that wants to be the change they wish to see in this world. It undertakes various small and large scale projects in the city and country. The team believes- “Where there is a need, there will be — With Love.”
In a short span of time, they have carried out various activities, namely, projects like Drishti, Stop Beggary, Joybags, Medical camp at Raigad and collection drives. Fundraisers like marathon, cook for a cause, hi-tea and art exhibit by kids and tied up with various big brands of the city like Conrad, Hyaat, Ficci to name a few.
With Love is the Logistic partner for Maharashtra for Books for Change project under touch a life foundation- identifying and providing textbooks to extreme remote villages.
Through their project Kids with Capes they are reaching out to preschoolers across the city to explain the “Joy of Giving” at a tender age.
They wish to bring about a permanent change in the people they meet in this journey. And hope that every touched life, comes back to join them in the mission of With Love.
Their mission is to create generations that believe, ‘Being Kind Is Keen Karma’.
More info available on www.foryou.ngo
You can reach out to her on 9890601812 or on Instagram handle- yogaandfairylife